Benefits Of Learning, Playing and Creating Music
It is pretty common knowledge that the learning, playing and creation of music has tremendous benefits in the development of cognitive functioning, aural and physical motor-skill development, social confidence, and often contributes to higher academic achievement in children.
What Collective Research Says:
Although Michael, the creator of www.PianoWithMichael.com, has experientially benefited from music, and is passionate about sharing his transformation, we know he’s not a professional in Cognitive, Neuronal or Psychological development. So, we’ve listed a few links that might professionally elaborate on the benefits of music.
– Time.com >> This is how music can change your brain
– Stanford.edu (Neurosciences) >> Bimanual labor: the neuroscience of piano playing
– NationalGeographic.com >> Music on the Aging Brain
– PsychologyToday.com >> Musical Training Optimizes Brain Functionality
– Parents.com >> The 6 Benefits of Music Lessons
– NCBI.gov (National Center For Biotechnology Information) >> Various articles on Brain Plasticity and Music
– Steinway.com >> Piano For Mind, Body and Soul
– Steinway.com >> The Benefits of Playing Piano
– DidgeProject.com >> Article on Prescribing Music for Health